Saturday, July 9, 2011

Toddler Speak

Today we told Munchkin that daddy wasn't going to be living here anymore. She didn't seem phased. I made JY tell her, with me there, since he's the cause of all of this. I'm so lucky this happened when M is so young. I truly don't think she'll notice a difference. JY hasn't been the most involved father. Plus, he's been gone a lot for work. I didn't expect her to react much. But I wanted a reference point for later when she asks where daddy go? Or asks if daddy will be at home when we get there.

Now he just needs to get out! His moving day won't come soon enough for me. Today I started packing up some of my things that are in furniture that belonged to his family. That felt so good this afternoon.

I feel like I may have stopped crying, too. I though maybe I would tear up telling M, even though I wasn't going to do a lot of talking. But I didn't! I know there will be more tears. But the hard stuff is past. I have a plan. It's being put in place slowly. There's still legal stuff to deal with. But I'm feeling hopeful and only seeing upsides for me as an individual. Obviously, a lot of downsides for M now and more so into the future. But I can't battle them all before they happen. I just have to take them and talk to her as they come.

No comments:

Post a Comment